September 16th 1982.
I live in a terraced house. There are five rooms. The biggest is the living room. There are three bedrooms. I sleep in the 1st bed-room. I have not got a conservatory.
My house was built in 1895. My family has lived there for a year. The walls are built of bricks. The roof is made of tiles. My window frames are made of wood. My door frames are made of wood. I have two chimneys.
People who help to build a house.
- Architect – designs the house and makes a plan for the build.
- Surveyor – looks at the land.
- Draughtsman – draws the plans.
- Quantity surveyor – works out how much material will be needed (bricks sand etc.)
- Brick Layer
- Carpenter – makes rafter, window frames etc.
- Tiler puts – tiles on roof
- Glazier – puts glass in window.
- Plasterer – covers the inside walls.
- Plumber – puts in water pipes
- Heating engineer – installs boiler and radiators
- Electrician – installs wiring and lighting
- Painters and decorators
Home is where we live. Home is nice and warm.